How to delete a LinkedIn account
If you discover you have more than one LinkedIn profile there are a few actions you need to take.
1. Ask a friend, or use your permanent LinkedIn account, to ask the obsolete account to connect with you.
2. Find the request to connect within your emails. If you don’t remember setting up the account it is likely you did it some time ago or you received a request to connect to an email address you don’t use for LinkedIn. By accepting it you accidentally set up a new account. With this in mind, make sure you check all email accounts to find the invitation.
Once you have found the invitation you will now know the email you’ll need to use to log into the obsolete account.
3. Attempt to log in to LinkedIn using the email address. If you can’t get it, click ‘Forgot Password’ and reset it.
4. To delete the account – hover over the thumbnail of your photo in the top right corner so the drop down box appears. Click on ‘Privacy & Settings’.
5. Within ‘Account’ scroll down to ‘Subscriptions’ and click ‘Close Accounts’.
6. Follow the steps and you’re done.
Extra notes: If you are connected with people on the discarded account that you want to stay in touch with, you can export these leads upload to your permanent account [click here: How to Export your LinkedIn Contacts into Excel]