Facebook Live – Episode 5/10
Welcome to the 5th episode of our Facebook Live Q&A session with LinkedIn Expert Naomi Johnson.
In this session, Naomi talks about the perfect gift you can give this Christmas via LinkedIn. You can read an excerpt of her LinkedIn article below:
At Christmas it is customary to send Christmas cards and gifts of thanks. Truly there is nothing better than an unexpected, oddly shaped gift in the mail…until now. For this year’s Christmas gift, why not give your colleagues, suppliers, and clients a lasting present—a quality LinkedIn recommendation? Receiving a thank you, word of encouragement, or testimonial means something to most people, but for those building their personal brand on LinkedIn, a recommendation makes the perfect gift—not just because of the feel-good buzz they’ll get, but also because of the long-term impact your endorsement will have on their business or career.
What should you recommend for?
Before just shooting off a message, take some time to consider what the person needs. A good recommendation
- Directly relates to how the person’s contribution has impacted your business outcomes, and outlines the results they’ve created for you, setting the scene so prospects get an accurate and realistic picture of the results this individual could achieve for them
- Hints at the person’s character and passion for what they do, and (within a statement of what they’ve done) layers in how they went about it and why you enjoyed working with them
- Drops in the names of services and products so visitors to the profile learn what the person does
- Outlines what the person delivers, to pitch the product without overtly selling it
- Puts the relationship into context by saying how you’ve worked with the person (e.g., on a short- or long-term project, etc.)
You can read the entire article here where she also showed good and bad examples of LinkedIn recommendations.
Naomi shares lots of helpful stories and examples to hopefully answer your questions. If not however, please submit your questions and we’ll be happy to answer them. If you don’t wanna miss the next episode, please input your details on the sign up form found at the right-hand side of the page and we’ll send you an email reminder.
Thanks for being with us.
Here is the recording:
If you have any questions re. the topics being discussed on this session, please email Naomi@TheProfile.Company or you can subscribe below in order to receive news, updates and other important information regarding the Facebook Live Q&A sessions.